Acknowledgement of Financial Commercial Support
Acknowledgement of In-Kind Commercial Support
No in-kind commercial support was received for this educational activity.
Learners must complete an evaluation form to receive a certificate of completion. Your chosen sessions must be attended in their entirety. Partial credit of individual sessions is not available. If you are seeking continuing education credit for a specialty not listed below, it is your responsibility to contact your licensing/certification board to determine course eligibility for your licensing/certification requirement.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and Scientific Network on Female Sexual Health & Cancer (SNFSHC). Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statement – Amedco LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for physicians. Learners should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Objectives - After Attending This Program You Should Be Able To:
- Identification and review of treatment of sexual health concerns of female cancer survivors including focus on under-addressed issues such as vaginal graft-versus-host disease and lichen sclerosis.
- Identification of sexual health problems in women treated for less prevalent cancers including colorectal, bladder and hematological cancer.
- Provide overview of biopsychosocial approach to treating decreased sexual response with focus on evidence-based intervention.
- Overview cancer risk-reducing treatments faced by women at high risk for cancer including prophylactic surgeries and chemoprevention and implications for sexual health of “previvors”
- Overview sexual health challenges for women living with advanced or chronic disease and offer strategies for coping, adjustment and improving sexual health
- Overview various implications of radiotherapy on sexual function and identify best practices for sexual rehabilitation after radiation.
- Overview of HPV and Cancer and understanding impact on sexual health and relationships.
- Identify strategies for addressing treatment-related sexual problems in the context of other treatment-related comorbidities.
Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists
The OSU Department of Psychiatry OPA-MCE (Ohio Psychological Association-Mandatory Continuing Education), Approved Provider #316025986, provides 1 CE hour for each presentation.
The Ohio State University Department of Psychiatry is an approved provider of continuing professional education (CPE) for Counselors and Social Workers for the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapist Board. Approved Provider # RCS090902. Certificates of attendance will be provided for providers outside of Ohio.
Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists
This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 5.5 AASECT CE Credits. These CE Credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.